Design Philosophy

Design should be used as a tool to better serve environmental surroundings. To create something with both aesthetic appeal and ease of use. The world and how I see it is all the inspiration I need. While in a new environment I find myself analyzing my surroundings finding and criticizing what could be changed about the space and what works. I hope to be apart of a successful design firm and eventually open my own practice some day.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Job Shadow | Interior Architects

Outside Interior Architects' office
   My experience at Interior Architects made me rethink how I want apply myself in the professional world. Originally I thought that I wanted to go into design purely residential, but now after my few hours spent at Interior Architects I am finding myself reevaluating the field in which I want to go into once I graduate. I was with my classmate Cole and we were first introduced to a Washington State Interior Design Alumni by the name of Amanda. She was very helpful when we asked questions about the transition from the college programming into the real-world working environment by saying that there is a bit of a learning curve but as long as you apply yourself and do your best you are likely to succeed. The second person we spoke to was named Tosh. Tosh is one of the senior designers and he was working with one of his colleagues trying to figure out how they were going to compromise and collaborate, to come to a decision on what finishes to choose for a particular client’s space. This was exciting for me because I got to see a firm working first hand on how they work as a team to solve design problems and make choices for a real life space. By getting a taste of how an architectural firm works, I have reevaluated what field I want to enter when I initially hit the job market after graduation. I see how the commercial industry has many more opportunities for networking and can still have fun aspects of design- just like residential, with more of a professional work atmosphere of a firm is most definitely something I will be looking into thanks to this experience.



 The photos to the left and right are of Interior Architects' lobby/ waiting room

No comments:

Post a Comment