Design Philosophy

Design should be used as a tool to better serve environmental surroundings. To create something with both aesthetic appeal and ease of use. The world and how I see it is all the inspiration I need. While in a new environment I find myself analyzing my surroundings finding and criticizing what could be changed about the space and what works. I hope to be apart of a successful design firm and eventually open my own practice some day.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Zika Ascher


This poster was done to gain context behind textile designers in the early 1900's, I chose the designer by the name of Zika Ascher. I think this poster was particularly successful in illustrating this artist's strengths and what he particularly showcased in why he is famous. I wish that I had not left as much space between text and images because the poster seems like it has some sort of void to fill, either that or I wish I would have chosen a background with a pattern. Other than that I feel overall very successful in the design that was chosen to portray the information that I wanted to get across.

No comments:

Post a Comment