Design Philosophy

Design should be used as a tool to better serve environmental surroundings. To create something with both aesthetic appeal and ease of use. The world and how I see it is all the inspiration I need. While in a new environment I find myself analyzing my surroundings finding and criticizing what could be changed about the space and what works. I hope to be apart of a successful design firm and eventually open my own practice some day.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Habitat for Humanity




Habitat for Humanity came to us with a problem, to design an open-layout two-story home for a potential Habitat family. This was a team task, which was a challenge within itself. Overcoming issues within a project’s group can be just as hard as getting to the solution of the design problem. My group and I tossed and toiled with floor plans, getting to a layout with flow and open communication to encourage the growth of a family, together. Through solving these design problems my group developed communication skills on how to explain ideas and through that improving the solution. A weakness in within the group was also communication, with the lack of it led to more personal problems within our group. By handling the issue like professionals the problem was addressed and handled the most appropriate way. The most important strength came out during presentations when our concept and design solution flowed cohesively together for the final. Reflecting back on the designs I am happy with my personal performance and the effort that I put into this design, I could not have completed this without my teammate and I am pleased with the final product, with time there is always room for improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment