Design Philosophy

Design should be used as a tool to better serve environmental surroundings. To create something with both aesthetic appeal and ease of use. The world and how I see it is all the inspiration I need. While in a new environment I find myself analyzing my surroundings finding and criticizing what could be changed about the space and what works. I hope to be apart of a successful design firm and eventually open my own practice some day.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Vision Ability Workshop

To see through the eyes of who you are designing for is a powerful experience. A simulation was done to understand the importance of universal design throughout commercial spaces. Whether it be a coat of paint to a contrast in color from the wall to the floor, every little bit helps. Contrast in tones and hues is the greatest help to someone who is visually impaired; as well as a well lit area. With well lit areas come considerations of glare and other pains that people with normal 20/20 vision experience. To put oneself in the mind set that what one sees is intensified by someone who is impaired will help put the design into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment